Stolen from Recovering Anorexic.
1. In baseball each player gets a “walk up song” that plays on his way up to the plate. What song would you pick?
Hmm. That often varies. Lately, I’ve been listening to Robyn’s “Dancing on my Own” when I need to feel like I can beat the shit out of sadness.
2. What’s the best thing that happened to you last weekend?
I was at home in the West! Highlight was probably walking through a pioneer cemetery outside my favorite ghost town with A. It smelled like pine and dust– in other words, like home.
3. If you could have a starring role in any film already made, which movie would you pick?
Oooh. I dunno. I love so many movies, so I guess I should limit it to roles I could actually play today. So… Elizabeth Olsen’s part in Martha Marcy May Marlene, or Jennifer Lawrence’s part in Winter’s Bone.
4. What actor/actress would you have play you in a movie of your life?
Marin Ireland. She’s my favorite onscreen and onstage, and she reminds me of exactly the kind of actor I want to be. Completely.
5. What is your favorite quote?
Varies, again. I love quotes. And I love almost everything from Jonathan Safran Foer’s work.
“What about little microphones? What if everyone swallowed them, and they played the sounds of our hearts through little speakers, which could be in the pouches of our overalls? When you skateboarded down the street at night you could hear everyone’s heartbeat, and they could hear yours, sort of like sonar. One weird thing is, I wonder if everyone’s hearts would start to beat at the same time, like how women who live together have their menstrual periods at the same time, which I know about, but don’t really want to know about. That would be so weird, except that the place in the hospital where babies are born would sound like a crystal chandelier in a houseboat, because the babies wouldn’t have had time to match up their heartbeats yet. And at the finish line at the end of the New York City Marathon it would sound like war.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
6. What was your first concert?
Ha. The Chieftains. And Ani DiFranco. I actually don’t like concerts.
7. What Internet website do you visit the most?
My email. If that doesn’t count, Playbill Jobs, Facebook.
8. Which of Snow White’s 7 dwarfs describes you the best and why?
9. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Erm? Steamed lobster with butter. A yummy salad with avocado, nuts, fresh tomatoes. Glass of great wine. Risotto.
10. What is the background of your computer?
This picture I found once and am obsessed with. It’s (obviously) also my… avatar?… on WordPress.